Smart Talk: Inspiring Conversations with Exceptional People
What do all extraordinarily successful people have in common? Some traits are obvious – others are not what you might expect.
I've created a new podcast as a companion to The Public Speaker. Here at the Quick and Dirty Tips network I'll continue to provide you with practical tips to improve your communication skills. My new podcast will feature in-depth interviews with exceptional people in the areas of leadership, negotiation, influence, and communication.
When I was in high school my Dad taught me to interview exceptional people to learn as much as can. In fact, it's something I've been doing throughout my career. But until now I've never shared them with you.
I believe that when we model the mindset, the actions, and principles of outstanding leaders, we unleash and amplify the extraordinary person already inside of us!
So, now you can listen to Smart Talk: Inspiring Conversations with Exceptional People to learn the secret ingredients of success and how to apply them to your life. I believe that when we model the mindset, the actions, and principles of outstanding leaders, we unleash and amplify the extraordinary person already inside of us!
The inagural episodes of this free podcast include a (faux) founding father, a TV producer, a communication executive, a New York Times bestselling author, and a well-known blogger in the area of negotiation for women. Here's the opening line-up:
· Laura Sturaitis, communications professional, Jeopardy! champion, and EVP of Media Services and Product Strategy at Businesswire shares her lessons learned about women and leadership. Listen to the interview now. Listen to the Public Speaker companion episode, How to Be a Better Leader.
· Dr. Benjamin Franklin (aka J. Ward Larkin) shares the 13 virtues that lead to his success in mapmaking, printing, mathematics, and diplomacy. Listen to the interview now. Listen to The Public Speaker companion episode, Time Tested Principles of Success.
· Pamela Slim, New York Times bestselling author of Escape from Cubicle Nation, shares her new book, Body of Work: Finding the Thread That Ties Your Story Together. Listen now. The Public Speaker companion episode still to come.
· Selena Rezvani shares practical negotiation techniques for women from her award-winning book, Pushback: How Smart Women Ask – and Stand Up – for What They Want. You can listen now. Check out The Public Speaker companion episode, How to Ask (and Get) a Raise!
· Rory Albanese, Executive Producer for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and popular stand-up comic shares how to connect with your audience through humor. Listen now. The Public Speaker is companion episode How to Add Humor to Your Talks.
Smart Talk: Inspiring Conversations with Exceptional People helps professionals interested in leadership, communication, and professional development achieve more success.
The free podcast is released twice weekly and is available for subscription via Apple iTunes and other aggregators.