The Hidden Ab Muscle That Will Get You a Six-Pack
Discover a hidden ab muscle that will help you get a six-pack - plus, three exercises to target this muscle, stabilize your spine, and strengthen your core.
Page 2 of 2
Exercise #2: Scissor Kicks - A drill sergeant's favorite!
- Lay on the floor with your knees bent and your feet firmly on the floor.
- Place your hands under your buttocks and raise your head off the ground. If your head is not raised, the exercise loses its effectiveness.
- Raise one leg about 12 inches off the ground and slowly lower it back down.
- As you lower one leg, raise the other in the same manner.
- Start with three sets of 10-12 repetitions and increase repetitions as needed. Here are more instructions and photos for the scissor kick.
Exercise #3: Modified Plank Pushup - This is a tough exercise, so proceed with caution.
- Start in the push-up position with your palms on the floor and toes on the ground. Your back should be straight and your feet should be hip-width apart.
- Raise one leg as high as you can and then do a push-up. Switch legs and repeat.
- Start with three sets of 10-12 repetitions, and increase repetitions as needed.
Want more push-up variations that will target the Transverse Abdominus in a similar way? Check out the Get-Fit Guy episode Top 16 Push-Up Variations.
When combined with proper nutrition, these three exercises will target your hidden ab muscle and get you a firm, defined six-pack. If you have more questions about targeting your Tranverse Abdominus, then join the conversation over at the Get-Fit Guy Facebook page!