The Secrets of Southern Barbecue
Matt Moore, author of The South's Best Butts: Pitmaster Secrets for Southern Barbecue Perfection, joins the Clever Cookstr to share pitmaster secrets, what pork means to Southern barbecue, and troubleshooting barbecue mistakes.
Matt Moore is the author of The South's Best Butts: Pitmaster Secrets for Southern Barbecue Perfection. This week, he joined the Clever Cookstr to talk about:
* The pig's place in Southern foodways and cuisine beyond bacon
* Some of Matt's favorite stories and pieces of wisdom from interviewing pitmasters across 12 states in the barbecue belt for this book
* The differences between barbecue and grilling, and how to explore barbecuing at home
* Barbecue beyond meat, from sides and vegetables to dessert
* Some of the biggest misconceptions and mistakes in barbecuing
* and much more!
To hear the full interview with Matt, listen in the top right hand player, or on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and Spotify.