To remember the spelling, think of the E on the end of "grille" as being decorative like the metal grilles themselves.
- I need to replace the grille on my truck.
- Can you fire up the grill before I get home?
- We’re going to grill hamburgers tonight.
- Meet me at Joe’s Bar and Grill.
- The district attorney plans to grill your client.
Mignon Fogarty is Grammar Girl and the founder of Quick and Dirty Tips. Check out her New York Times best-seller, “Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing.”