Two out of three people don't get enough magnesium in their diet. Here's why this matters and how to fix it.
1. Spread your toast or bagel with peanut butter instead of butter and score an extra 50 mg of magnesium.
2. Choose whole wheat bread over white bread and get an extra 60 mg of magnesium per slice.
3. Have a cup of edamame for a snack and bag another 64 mg of magnesium.
4. Sprinkle a tablespoon of sunflower seeds on your salad and add 30 mg of magnesium
5. Try my Asian Broccoli Salad with Toasted Almonds for dinner tonight and that's another 250 mg of magnesium.
I don't want to give you the wrong impression. You don't have to carefully track and log the amount of magnesium in everything you eat in order to ensure that you're getting enough. If you simply focus on getting five servings of vegetables, choosing whole grains over refined, and incorporating beans and legumes into your diet on a regular basis and you'll have this base well covered!
Let me know what you think in the comments below or on the Nutrition Diva Facebook page.