Tired of holiday debt hangovers? Money Girl interviews Kristy Olinger, Credit Card Product Manager at Citizens, and co-host of The Opposite of Small Talk podcast, for tips on stretching your budget, using often-overlooked card benefits, and safe shopping this holiday season.
If you haven't started thinking about the holidays yet, they're right around the corner! That means it's time to start making plans and strategizing ways to save money. A rewards credit card is an excellent tool for spending, getting benefits, and boosting your budget during the holidays.
To discuss tips for getting get more from your credit cards, I interviewed Kristy Olinger, a Credit Card Product Manager at Citizens. She's spent decades working in the credit card industry and knows a lot about consumer behavior, often-overlooked card benefits, and ways to use cards safely. She also co-hosts her own podcast, The Opposite of Small Talk.
Kristy and I had a great conversation about how to kick off the holiday season with wise shopping strategies and what to do if you regularly end up with a debt hangover in January. Here are a few of the topics we cover on this Money Girl podcast interview:
- Holiday planning tips that help you stay out of debt.
- How to use credit card rewards to stretch your holiday budget further.
- What is an extended card warranty and when to use it.
- The importance of reviewing your cards' benefit guides.
- Why it's critical to use a credit card instead of a debit card online.
- How using a card in a digital wallet gives you more cyber protection.
- Which credit card is best for different types of purchases.
- When to use a balance transfer credit card to manage debt.
What questions do you have about using credit cards wisely, paying off debt, or building excellent credit? Leave a voicemail for Laura by calling 302-364-0308. Follow her on Instagram and sign up for her weekly newsletter at LauraDAdams.com.