Laura interviews Stan Corey, a divorce expert and author of a new book,The Divorce Dance. They talk about different types of divorce proceedings, financial mistakes to avoid, how to divide up assets the right way, and how to get divorced when you don't have much money to pay for it.
Before you sign a divorce settlement agreement, be sure to understand what it means to your financial future--that's the real issue. - Stan Corey
Some of the topics Stan and I cover in this interview include:
- Different types of divorce proceedings that you can choose
- The biggest mistakes that can cost you financially in a divorce
- Why relying on a single family law attorney can be a bad idea
- Tips for dividing up financial assets the right way—especially when you’re not so financially savvy
- How to get divorced when you don’t have much money to pay for it
Our conversation will help you understand the options you have and why using multiple professionals for legal, financial, and emotional help can give you the best possible outcome. .
Get More Money Girl!
Want to know the best financial and productivity tools that I use and recommend to save time and money? Click here to check out 40+ tools I recommend!
To connect on social media, you’ll find Money Girl on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Also, if you’re not already subscribed to the Money Girl podcast on iTunes or the Stitcher app, both are free and make sure that you’ll get each new weekly episode as soon as it’s published on the web. Money Girl is also on the Spotify mobile app!
There’s a huge archive of past articles and podcasts if you type in what you want to learn about in the search bar at the top of the page. Here are all the many places you can connect with me, learn more about personal finance, and ask your money question:
- Dominate Your Dollars - Laura's private Facebook Group
- Money Girl on Facebook
- Laura on Facebook
- Money Girl podcast on iTunes (it’s free to subscribe!)
- Money Girl on the Stitcher app (also free to subscribe!)
- Email: LauraDAdams.com/contact
To learn about how to get out of debt, save money, and build wealth, get a copy of my award-winning book Money Girl’s Smart Moves to Grow Rich. It tells you what you need to know about money without bogging you down with what you don’t. It’s available at your favorite bookstore as a paperback or e-book. Click here to download 2 FREE book chapters now!
Divorce image courtesy of Shutterstock