Laura interviews tax pros Garrett and Deborah Gregory, a married team who worked for the IRS before founding Gregory Law Group, PLLC in Dallas, Texas. You'll learn what you don’t know about the IRS (but should), tips for the self-employed, how to stay organized, how to pay less tax, and much more.
Since Tax Day is around the corner, I'm bringing you tips and advice from unique tax professionals, Garrett and Deborah Gregory. They're a married team who worked for the IRS corporate tax division for more than 24 years combined.
After leaving the government, they founded Gregory Law Group, PLLC, a tax law firm in Dallas, Texas dedicated to helping American taxpayers resolve their IRS problems. The Gregorys have deep, insider knowledge about tax law and how the IRS really works.
In this interview, they give advice about how to stay out of tax trouble and the best ways to legally pay as little tax as possible.
The IRS is the biggest and most aggressive creditor in the world. If you owe the IRS back taxes, you need to have a resolution strategy. - Deborah Gregory
We cover the following topics:
- What you don’t know about the IRS, but should
- What to do if you have a tax bill that you can’t afford to pay
- How to avoid different types of tax penalties
- Whether taking the home office deduction is a red flag for an IRS audit
- What the self-employed should do to stay out of tax trouble
- How to stay organized for taxes so filing is easier and faster each year
- Tips for the average taxpayer to legally pay less tax and save more money
Free Resource: Laura's Recommended Tools—use them to earn more, save more, and accomplish more with your money!
Get More Money Girl!
Want to know the best financial and productivity tools that I use and recommend to save time and money? Click here to check out 40+ tools I recommend!
To connect on social media, you’ll find Money Girl on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Also, if you’re not already subscribed to the Money Girl podcast on iTunes or the Stitcher app, both are free and make sure that you’ll get each new weekly episode as soon as it’s published on the web.
There’s a huge archive of past articles and podcasts if you type in what you want to learn about in the search bar at the top of the page. Here are all the many places you can connect with me, learn more about personal finance, and ask your money question:
- Dominate Your Dollars - Laura's private Facebook Group
- Money Girl on Facebook
- Laura on Facebook
- Money Girl podcast on iTunes (it’s free to subscribe!)
- Money Girl on the Stitcher app (also free to subscribe!)
- Email: LauraDAdams.com/contact
To learn about how to get out of debt, save money, and build wealth, get a copy of my award-winning book Money Girl’s Smart Moves to Grow Rich. It tells you what you need to know about money without bogging you down with what you don’t. It’s available at your favorite bookstore as a paperback or e-book. Click here to download 2 FREE book chapters now!
Tax Form image courtesy of Shutterstock