Finding yourself needing to provide a helping hand for your children's education over the coming months? We gathered our top tips and lessons to help you turn your home into the best school it can be.
Here at QDT, a large portion of our audience is parents with kids still living under their roof. A lot of our content is geared toward providing tips and tricks for those families for living healthier, happier, more productive lives, individually and together.
As a parent, you might have recently found yourself at home with your kids with quite a few responsibilities you weren’t “trained” for. How can you help them learn math when you haven’t taken a math class since 11th grade? What was that science experiment from elementary school that you loved so much? How can you manage snack breaks and recess from your own home?
You already know that the Quick and Dirty Tips network’s team of experts provides actionable, tangible tricks and tips to help you live your life better. In light of the current times, our hosts have gathered their top tips to help parents out in this new situation: guiding their children through school in ways they’ve not had to before. We gathered our most relevant math tips, writing and grammar tips, science tips, nutrition tips, parenting tips, and fitness tips to help you make your home into the best school environment possible.
Consider this your one-stop shop for all advice for the math, science, and grammar lessons you’ve forgotten, the nutrition tips you need to keep your family on track, and the fitness guidance that will keep the whole family active at home. We also added a few parenting tips for keeping everyone busy under one roof!
- How Are Fractions and Division Related?
- What Are Averages?
- What Are Fractions?
- How to Prove the Pythagorean Theorem
- Why Does a Triangle Have 180 Degrees?
- How to Think About Subtraction
- How to Think About Addition
- How to Think About Division
- What Is Exponential Growth?
- How to Find Common Denominators
For more math tips, check out the Math Dude.
- Science Experiments at Home: Liquids
- How Did Water Get on Earth?
- What Killed the Dinosaurs?
- How Much Does my Dog Understand?
- Asteroid, Meteor, Meteorite, and Comet: What's the Difference?
- Do Aliens Exist?
- How Many Stars Are in the Sky?
- How Old is the Universe?
- Get Kids Excited About Science
- 10 Facts You Didn't Know About Sharks
Check out Everyday Einstein for more science lessons and experiments.
Grammar and Writing Tips
- Single Quotation Marks Versus Double Quotation Marks
- 4 Tips for Tackling Midterm Essays
- How to Write a Conclusion
- Irregular Verbs
- What Is Point of View
- Are You Using Hyphens Correctly?
- Pronoun Order
- How to Use 'Myself' and Other Reflexive Pronouns
- How to Use Semicolons
- Parts of Speech
- 3 Tips for Students to Strengthen Their Writing This Semester
- 3 Brainstorming Techniques to Help You Craft the Perfect Essay
- How to Write an Analytical Essay in 4 Easy Steps
- When to Use Commas Before Quotations
- When to Use—and Not Use—an Em-Dash
- Grammar Girls 'A' Versus 'An' Quiz
- Can You Ace Grammar Girl's English Quiz?
- Grammar Girl's Editing Checklist
- Homophones and Homographs Quiz
- Who' Versus 'Whom' Quiz
- Lay' Versus 'Lie' Quiz
Grammar Girl provided all of these tips and more.
- 4 Tips for More Mindful Eating
- How to Build a Better Salad in 6 Steps
- 10 Nutrition Worries You Can Stop Stressing About
- The 10 Most Nutritious Foods for the Money
- How to Limit Your Kids Sugar Without Starting a War
- 4 Time-Saving Tips for Eating Healthy
- 5+ Ways to Get Kids Excited About Eating Healthy
- Tips to Help Picky Eaters Eat Healthier
- Meal Planning: What Works?
- 9 Tips for Reducing Food Waste
- Is Snacking Good or Bad?
Looking for more nutrition tips? Nutrition Diva covers them all.
- 8 Ways to Get More Movement Into Your Day
- What is Your Metabolism?
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Posture and Lose That Slouch
- The Best Home Gym Equipment: 7 Essentials
- The Benefits of Using an Eliptical Trainer
- How Bedtime Yoga Can Help You Sleep Better
- Should You Exercise in the Morning, Afternoon, or Evening?
- How Exercise Affects Your Brain
- How to Plank Like a Pro
- Body Fat: How to Use it And Lose It
- Strain Vs. Sprain: What's the Difference?
Get-Fit-Guy has more hundreds of more fitness tips.
- 5 Simple Mindfulness Habits for Better Parenting
- How to Incorporate Science Lessons Into Family Life
- 10 Cures for Rainy Day Boredom
- How to Establish a Daily Routine for Your Family
- 6 Ways to Create Unstructured Play Time for Your Kids
- 6 Gifts to Help You Raise a Smarter Child
- 5 Smart Tips to Help Keep Your Child Focused
- From Audiobooks to Art Lessons, 5 Fun Digital Activities for Kids
- 3 Tactile Crafts Your Kids Will Love
For more parenting advice and tricks, check out Mighty Mommy.