National Grammar Day founder, Martha Brockenbrough, shares her grammartini recipe to spice up your celebrations:
- 2 1/2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz dry vermouth (The ratio is what’s important.)
- 1 green olive (Some people use lemon. I say, what is up with that?)
- Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes. (I use a Value Village cocktail shaker.)
- Stir for 30 seconds. (You can also shake, but John McIntyre says this bruises the gin. Who wants to be charged with gin abuse?)
- Strain into a martini glass.