You may hear people say "in regards to," but the proper phrase is singular: "in regard to." But ugh! You send your (plural) regards. Here's how to make your sentences better, with a show tune thrown in for good measure. Also, take the quiz at the end!
- I want to talk to you in regard to the confetti incident.
- Regarding your text message, let’s pretend it never happened.
- Send my regards to your mother.
- Shawna called me about your overdue library book.
- I have one rule with regard to your driving: Always wear your seat belt.
Get more tips like this in "The Grammar Devotional":