Are you wondering if a financial advisor can help you achieve your goals? Find out the different types of advisors, typical fees charged, and how to do background checks. Money Girl has insider tips about who can help, who to avoid, and where to find the right financial professional for your situation.
Whether you’re confused about how to handle money, got a cash windfall, or just want to know that you’re on track for a comfortable retirement, a financial advisor can help. But many people are confused about what advisors do and if they’re actually worth it.
While everyone’s situation is different, and not everyone needs a financial advisor, it’s important to understand the services these professionals provide. So, I turned to a fellow podcaster and former advisor for insider tips.
In my interview with Joe Saul-Sehy, creator and co-host of the popular Stacking Benjamins podcast, we discuss key points you should know about working with a financial advisor. As a 15-year industry veteran, Joe's shares many insightful and somewhat surprising tips.
Here are some of the topics we cover:
- What a financial advisor actually does for you
- Different types of advisors and fees they charge
- Whether you’re a good candidate for working with a financial advisor
- Key questions to ask a potential financial advisor
- What the reception area of a financial company tells you about a potential advisor
- Where to check the background of a financial advisor
- Online sites to find a great financial advisor
Get More Money Girl!
To connect on social media, you’ll find Money Girl on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Also, if you’re not already subscribed to the Money Girl podcast on Apple Podcasts or the Stitcher app, both are free and make sure that you’ll get each new weekly episode as soon as it’s published on the web. The show is also on the Spotify mobile app! Click here to sign up for the free Money Girl Newsletter!
Young couple image courtesy of Shutterstock.