Feeling bitcoin or cryptocurrency FOMO right now? Laura interviews Fred Schebesta, author and founder of Finder.com, about the future of cryptocurrency and what bitcoin beginners should know.
You’ve probably been hearing a lot about bitcoin and cryptocurrency in the news these days. On October 20, 2021, bitcoin shot up to $66,975 and then yesterday evening on November 8 it reached a new all-time high over $68,000! If you’ve been wondering what all the hype is about or if it’s time to dip your toes in the cryptocurrency waters, I’ll cover key concepts you should know.
To discuss cryptocurrency investing, I interviewed Fred Schebesta, founder of Finder.com and author of Go Live!: 10 Principles to Launch a Global Empire. Fred’s been investing in bitcoin and alt-coins since 2017 and is going all-in incorporating crypto into his business strategy.
We sat down in Fred’s New York City office and had a great conversation about his background, business evolution, challenges as a founder, personal investing strategy, and ideas about the future of cryptocurrency.
Here are a few of the topics we cover on this Money Girl podcast interview:
- Common misunderstandings about investing in cryptocurrency
- How to begin slowly adding crypto to your investment portfolio
- Why bitcoin is different from other types of cryptocurrencies or alt-coins
- Strategies for short-term trading versus long-term investing
- How to keep the crypto you purchase secure from cyber theft
- The most compelling reasons everyone should consider investing in crypto
- Where to learn more about investing and earning high-yields on crypto balances