Money Girl interviews Paula Pant, founder of the personal finance website, AffordAnything.com. They discuss tips for reinventing your financial life and reaching true financial independence. Get inspired to transition to your best career, become a better money manager, earn more, and figure exactly what you want to afford.
Most people would love to earn more money and become financially independent, but they don’t have a good business idea or know how to start a new career. If you’re ready to reinvent your financial life, boosting your income is critical.
To discuss career, business, and earning more, I interviewed Paula Pant, founder of the personal finance website, AffordAnything.com. She’s also the host of the Afford Anything podcast, a writer, speaker, and media commentator, who specializes in real estate investing and creating financial independence.
Paula has been featured in numerous financial media outlets, including Forbes, Kiplinger, Lifehacker, The New York Times, PBS, Marketplace Money, The Washington Post, and many others. Paula won a Society of Professional Journalists award for online video reporting and was one of six journalists honored as an SPJ Diversity Fellow in 2010.
On the Money Girl podcast, Paula and I cover a variety of topics, including:
- How self-awareness makes you better at money management and earning more.
- Ways to get unstuck from a nine-to-five job that isn’t right for you and transition safely into your best career.
- Tips for building a profitable side hustle that aligns with your financial goals.
- The role of opportunity costs in your financial life.
- How to really afford anything.
- The true definition of financial independence.
What questions do you have about becoming self-employed or earning more? Leave a voicemail for Laura by calling 302-364-0308. Follow her on Instagram and sign up for her weekly newsletter at LauraDAdams.com.