National Grammar Day
It’s National Grammar Day (March 4) and we’re starting a week-long celebration! Learn more about how and why we honor good grammar AND use the links below to get the latest podcasts, blog posts, and much more from Grammar Girl, including her new, free resource—the Editing Checklist, providing you with tips for solving the most nagging issues with ease!
About National Grammar Day
National Grammar Day was established in 2008 by Martha Brockenbrough, founder of the Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar and author of Things That Make Us [Sic].
In 2020, National Grammar Day is hosted by Mignon Fogarty, the author of the New York Times best-selling book Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing and The Grammar Devotional.
Check out Mignon's 2016 appearance on the TODAY Show in honor of National Grammar Day! She helped Kathie Lee and Hoda quiz audience members. Find out if wine o' clock is in the Oxford Dictionary.
Enter the National Grammar Day poetry contest hosted by ACES: The Society for Editors. The format this year is the quatrain, and the winner gets a yearlong membership in ACES and the poem read in the Grammar Girl podcast.
National Grammar Day Resources
- Grammar Girl’s Editing Checklist
- Grammar Pop Learn more about this engaging, FUN app—perfect for mastering parts of speech at all levels.
- Complete Grammar Girl archive
- Media contact—send your request for interviews to firstname.lastname@example.org
Just For Fun
- March Forth: the Grammar Song – featuring Grammar Girl and friends!
- The Grammartini – take your celebration to the next level (after hours, of course) with this fun recipe from founder Martha Brockenbrough
- Grammar Noir: A Stet in the Dark
- Ten Grammar Myths Exposed
- Free Materials for Classroom Fun and Learning
- Language-Themed Cartoons
- Grammar-Themed T-Shirts
- Apostrophes Under the Sea music video by Healthwise.
Talk grammar to me, baby.
To infinitives and beyond!
Finally, if you’d like even more on National Grammar Day, click here for a list of other articles.