Zibby Owens, the creator and host of the award-winning literary podcast Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books, joins Mighty Mommy to share some great titles and talk about why every busy parent should make time to read.
Moms juggle dozens of parenting responsibilities and one of those is encouraging their kids to read books. Zibby Owens is passionate about reading and writing. She realized that busy moms could use some help finding excellent books that were worth carving time out of their busy schedules to read. And with that, a popular podcast was born—Moms Don't Have Time to Read Books.
Zibby hosts frequent author events including book fairs and salons. A mother of four and a writer herself, she has contributed to Redbook, Marie Claire, Parents, Huff Post, The New York Times online, What’s Up Moms, Kveller, Shape, SELF, and many other publications. Vulture.com called her "NYC’s Most Powerful Book-fluencer." Her podcast was selected as one of The Oprah Magazine's Top 21 Book Podcasts in 2019. A graduate of Yale University and Harvard Business School, she previously worked at Unilever, idealab!, and other start-ups. She currently lives in New York with her husband, Kyle Owens of Morning Moon Productions, and her four children, who are ages five through 12.
Have a listen to the interview by clicking on the audio player above. In this episode, Zibby's love of books will inspire you to:
- Find easy ways to make time for reading.
- Learn about her top advice book picks: The Kids Are in Bed by Rachel Bertsche and 24/6 by Tiffany Shlain.
- Hear why To Love and Let Go by Rachel Brathen and Don’t Wait Up by Liz Astrof are two of Zibby's favorite memoirs.
- Discover why she thinks Holly Banks Full of Angst by Julie Valerie is a fun, must-read fiction title.
- Find out Zibby’s go-to book that she relies on to organize her household and parenting responsibilities.
Click the audio player above to have a listen, or download Mighty Mommy wherever you get your podcasts.