4 Thanksgiving Crafts Your Kids Will Love
Kids love to be involved in planning and preparing for family celebrations, so with Thanksgiving right around the corner, here are four creative crafts to add some whimsy to your holiday this year.
What You Will Need
- 1 Brown sock (women or child size)
- Rice or dried beans to fill sock
- Funnel with large end
- 2 Rubber bands
- Orange craft foam
- Turkey template (Click for download)
- 15" Thin orange ribbon
- 7-9 Orange feathers
- 5 Yellow feathers
- Small piece of yellow felt or paper
- 2 Googly eyes
- Red pipe cleaner
- Use template to cut feet and feather back from orange foam.
- Using the funnel, make the body by filling 3/4 of the sock with rice. Close with rubber band. Add more rice to make head. (This is usually the heel of the sock.) Close with second rubber band. Roll remaining sock down over the head to make a cap.
- Tie ribbon in a bow around the neck of the turkey.
- Glue feet to bottom of turkey.
- Glue orange feathers onto feather back in a fan shape. Glue yellow feathers to the other side of the feather back. Glue feather back to the back of the turkey.
- Use remaining two orange feathers for wings.
- Cut out a small triangular beak, Glue beak and googly eyes to turkey. Cut off an piece of pipe cleaner about 1-1/2" long. Fold in half and twist. Glue to turkey to make the wattle.
Nothing could be easier than this pretty “leaf wreath” to don your front door with or hang from your kitchen window on Thanksgiving Day.
What You Will Need
- 20–25 colorful fall leaves from your yard or you can use silk fall laves from the Dollar Store or your local craft store.
- A 16-inch Styrofoam wreath ring
- Hot glue gun
- Pretty Fall Ribbon or Raffia
- Gather fall leaves from your yard or purchase some from your local Dollar or craft store.
- Hot glue them on the Styrofoam wreath ring (be sure to assist your child with the hot glue gun).
- Finish off with a pretty piece of fall ribbon or raffia and hang and enjoy.