Productivity Products That Make Perfect Holiday Gifts

If you're looking for holiday gift ideas for the productivity geek in your life, look no further! In this episode, Get-It-Done Guy Stever Robbins reviews his current lineup of favorite products.

Stever Robbins
5-minute read
Episode #432

Products! I just love products! I really do! Without products, we wouldn’t have anything to spend our money on. So we wouldn’t have to run up credit card bills, and our corporate overlords wouldn’t be able to take as much of our souls in interest payments. It would be a shame if they all starved to death. So with Black Friday looming on the horizon, it seemed only fitting to talk about PRODUCTS!!! 

I’m always looking for ways to be more productive. Indeed, I spend 99% of my time evaluating productivity tools so in the remaining 1% of my time, I can accomplish 80% of what I would have done had I been working on everything for 100% of the time in the first place. I think. Regardless, todays let’s explore the products that right now are the ones that make me most productive in my own life. You can find a list of all of the products below, plus links to the site where they're available, here

Non-Software Products I Can't Live Without

First and foremost is my trusty SCOTTeVEST. More to the point, it’s my SCOTTeVEST travel vest, my traditional vest, my SCOTTeVEST T shirt, my three pairs of SCOTTeVEST travel pants, my hidden cargo pants, my Tropiformer jacket, and probably a few more. 

SCoTTeVEST makes clothes that have dozens of pockets. They’re tailored, somehow, so the pockets are invisible. In a single vest, I can carry my iPad, my ebook reader, a paperback book, two pens, a mechanical pencil, an eraser, glasses in a glasses case, glasses cleaning microfiber cloth, iPod, iPhone, earbuds, bottled water, keys, passport, airline tickets, moleskine pocket notebook, and power pack for recharging my electronics. The cords from the power pack can, of course, be run through the lining of the vest to the pocket where the electronics are kept.

From outside, it just looks like a vest. I have no idea how they do it, but SCOTTeVEST is the only thing that keeps me completely sane. And it lets me carry around enough stuff to survive the post-apocalyptic dystopian reality that’s hurtling towards us like a 3D iMax Mad Max movie.

BigSkinny wallets are to wallets what SCOTTeVEST is to vests. BigSkinny wallets manage to hold a lot of cards, but they aren’t much thicker than just the cards themselves. Plus my BigSkinny coin purse doubles as a key holder that can tuck the keys into a zippered compartment, so my keys, coin purse, and wallet are neat and attractive, while letting me carry around enough everything I need to navigate the economy of the post-apocalyptic dystopian reality. 

Keep reading for the desktop apps I use all the time ...


About the Author

Stever Robbins

Stever Robbins was the host of the podcast Get-it-Done Guy from 2007 to 2019. He is a graduate of W. Edward Deming’s Total Quality Management training program and a Certified Master Trainer Elite of NLP. He holds an MBA from the Harvard Business School and a BS in Computer Sciences from MIT.