In a recent show, I mentioned that I’m celebrating Women’s History Month by bringing you interviews about women and money. Each one includes diverse financial females sharing their financial expertise and tips for success.
Listen as Money Girl host, Laura Adams talks with a panel of female financial experts about their career and personal success. Click the link above or in this player:
Today, I’m joined by Denise Piazza, CPA and managing partner of One Street Capital, a private equity real estate firm focused on acquiring real estate assets in growth markets nationwide.
Denise has an impressive background, working in real estate, accounting, finance, and risk management for over 20 years. She’s had finance and accounting roles with top Fortune 100 companies and managed over a billion dollars in acquisitions, joint ventures, and asset dispositions, making her an expert at analyzing data and developing financial models.
Denise has been involved in over $300 million in real estate transactions as an angel investor, general partner, and limited partner in thousands of units, and she’s raised millions of dollars in private capital. Additionally, Denise has served on the Women’s Leadership and Risk Management committees of Fortune 100 companies.
So, whether you’re brand new to real estate, you want to start actively investing in it, or you prefer passive income while someone else handles all the details, don’t miss this episode! Here are a few topics we cover:
- What is real estate syndication, and what typical upfront capital do you need?
- How to choose the best real estate investments for growth and income.
- Red flags to avoid and tax considerations for potential real estate deals.
- How buying a real estate investment is different from a primary residence.
- What does real estate professional status mean to you and the IRS?
- Ways to succeed in real estate even with rising property prices and interest rates.
- Typical returns you might expect on real estate syndication investments.
- Where to get free resources and download 50 questions to ask before investing in real estate.
You can learn more by connecting with Denise on the One Street Capital Instagram and Facebook pages or by emailing Denise@OneStreetCapital.comcreate new email.
Be sure to follow the award-winning personal finance podcast, Money Girl on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts so you automatically get each new weekly episode. And keep an eye out for more this month as we talk more about women and money.