In a recent episode of my personal finance podcast, Money Girl I was joined by a special guest, Adam Levin. He’s a consumer affairs advocate and nationally recognized expert on cybersecurity, identity theft, fraud, and personal finance. He’s the author of Swiped, How to Protect Yourself in a World Full of Scammers, Fishers, and Identity Thieves. And he’s the host of the podcast, What the Hack with Adam Levin.
Protecting your personal finance
As you’ll hear in the interview, Adam’s mission is educating consumers, businesses, and government agencies about security issues. He graduated from Stanford and the University of Michigan School of Law, and his advice has been featured on most major broadcast and media networks. So, if you want to learn more about keeping your money safe, give it a listen.
In my interview with Adam, we talk about:
- Cybersecurity trends that are actually allowing criminals to steal your money.
- Whether the rise of AI is going to help or hurt consumers.
- Commonly overlooked but quite simple security tips.
- Routines you should adopt to ensure your personal data stays safe.
- Tips for handling online account passwords–we all struggle with that!
- Whether freezing your credit can prevent becoming a fraud victim.
- What to do if you suspect or know you’ve been the victim of cyber crime.
- And much more.
Listen in the player above or by going right to the episode with this link.