How you can use NaNoWriMo to jumpstart your fiction writing. Plus, more extreme measures to move your writing forward...if you're up for it.
We talked about:
- How Curtis used NaNoWriMo to help him get started on "Waypoint Kangaroo"
- Why he uses a very old word processor called a Alpha Smart Neo
- What it took to write and get his first novel published and how different that usually is from writing and publishing a second novel
- How and why Curtis wrote a 500-word flash fiction piece every week for almost five years
- What Curtis got from attending conferences, including Clarion West and Viable Paradise
- How Curtis dramatically changed his life to be able to seriously pursue writing
- What Curtis thinks are good short fiction markets based on his work as the secretary of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America
You can listen to the entire interview by clicking the player above or by finding the Grammar Girl podcast on any podcasting app, but if you prefer to read it, we also have a complete (rough) transcript.