Brandon Sanderson is a #1 New York Times bestselling fantasy author with more than 30 books, which have been published in 35 languages.
In this interview, we talked about his
- Newest book, Rhythm of War.
- Co-hosting of the Writing Excuses podcast.
- BYU writing class.
- Book tours.
- Views on the interrobang (more than you may imagine!).
- Process for naming characters and places in his novels (funny stories about names gone wrong!).
- Special considerations for audiobooks.
- Orwellian approach to writing and prose, in particular.
- Struggles with “lay” and “lie” and double words such as “had had.”
- Plans for the future.
You can listen to the interview using the player at the top of this page, or you can read a complete rough transcript.